Tuesday, August 11, 2015

When God Awakens You to Weep

So I prayed last night at the church gathering at our house that God would give us a desire for His Word. I put Abigail down to bed late and didn't get into bed, myself, until around 11 but I had a desire to read the Word before I went to bed. I read some in my daily Bible reading and a few other verses and then fell asleep. I just woke up from an intense dream. The kind where you are crying in your dream and you wake up to realize you are literally crying. I woke up praying and weeping asking God to save people's souls. There were a few particular people in my dream but when I woke up so many people rushed into my head and I began to pray for them as I wept. It's on my heart so big to encourage people to work out their salvation with fear and trembling. Salvation is not something we conjure up ourselves by going to a church building or praying every now and then. Salvation is a work of transformation done only by the Holy Spirit. Oh, I pray God brings us to our knees in humility and repentance. The time is drawing near where we will see how truly narrow the way is and how few truly find it. May we fall on our faces before the Righteous and Holy God before time is out.

Hebrews 3:13 "But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."

Sin is so deceitful. Even as Christians, we justify our sin and keep it hidden in our pockets as our secret admirer. This cannot be.

1 John 2:3-6 "We know that we have come to know Him if we obey His commands. The man who says 'I know Him,' but does not do what He commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys His Word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in Him: Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did."


I pray that the Lord spiritually awakens the Church from their slumber and complacent Christian lives and that He continues to literally wake me up weeping for the lost. There is nothing like having a hunger for His Word and being used by Him for His glory! That is the only thing that matters in this life.



No comments:

Post a Comment