Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Farewell.... For good!

I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have tried to press the "delete" button on this certain thing in my life, and I fail miserably every time. Sure, I am able to go a few weeks without it, but then I begin to think of the "good" it does and how "fun" it is. I am inevitably drawn back in.

Here is my conclusion: If this thing has that much of a draw on my life and my time spent on it does not benefit my spiritual walk or influence the Kingdom of God (I am not saying this thing in my life has not at some point done those two things but if the majority of the time I spend doing it does not do one of those two things...) IT IS NOT A GOOD THING. -- That last sentence was a little convoluted, but I think you catch my drift. ;)

Most of you probably know the "thing" I am referring to. If not, let me give you a little hint: It starts with the letter "F". The first part of the word is where your eyes, nose, and mouth are located and the last part of the word is something you crack open and read...

You got it! FACEBOOK. Oh, Facebook. I have such a love/hate relationship with Facebook. 

I LOVE: seeing what other people's lives are like (getting good ideas for my own life), interacting with people I would not have otherwise, seeing what people comment on what I post

I HATE: seeing what other people's lives are like (I become this crazy judgmental person who critiques everyone and everything I see), interacting with people I would not have otherwise ("interacting" that keeps me from doing what I should be doing in the first place: actual interpersonal communication- where I can see nonverbal cues and have a better perception of what their message actually means... not to mention the fact that face-to-face/phone interaction is the real deal and so much more meaningful!), seeing what people comment on what I post (I become a follower-fiend. I literally log into Facebook a million times a day just to see what people have to say about what I post - because of course I think everything I post is AMAZING and EVERYONE should like and do as I do - but when that god-like perception of mine is squashed when no one comments or, even worse, when someone comments negatively... oh boy! I get in a tizzy!) 

Making that list right now made me come to another conclusion: If the things you love about something are the same exact things that turn you into a person that does not please God -- IT IS NOT A GOOD THING.

So, why start a blog? Won't it cause the same follower-fiend frenzy?

I do not believe so, and here is why: 

I actually don't expect anyone to read this, much less comment. This blog is mainly for myself to be able to write what God puts on my heart. I am a very unconventional person with many beliefs and convictions based on my walk with God and the voice of the Spirit that tend to go against the grain in many areas. As a result, I have discovered recently how imperative it is that I know why (based on Scripture) I do the things I do when it comes to my personal life and also the life of my family. This will be a diary of sorts - a journey of this Mississippi Mom (that's me!) going after God's Own Heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment