Thursday, November 13, 2014

Out with the old...

So the phrase is "Out with the old, in with the new" but when your husband is a landscaper and winter is fast-approaching and your grocery budget is $50/week, "new" is not really an option. I had heard that rearranging and redesigning parts of my house would help me take my mind off my grief and give me a fresh start. Boy, was that right! I have spent the last few days cleaning and rearranging anything I could get my hands on and only spent $4 so far. :) There is still a lot I want to do, but it's definitely a start!

The first project I completed was putting Gideon on our entryway wall. I love that his name is in the house. It really validates his life to me and reminds me that I have 3 children. 



Next, was our bedroom. I plan on doing a large painting of some sort on the big blank wall, but for now it reminds me that I have a blank slate ahead of me. I am excited for what God has in store for my future!




I also set up a little memorial for Gideon on my dresser.


The dresser that was in our bedroom is now in Abigail's room, and I cleaned up and organized both of the kid's rooms.



Found someone taking a cat nap...




I'm out for hire if anyone needs their house cleaned or rearranged. ;) I am on a roll!










No comments:

Post a Comment