Thursday, September 17, 2015

Hey Sweet Baby, It's Your Mom Again:

Guess what? Today I got to see you on TV not once but TWICE! Mommy has been to the doctor three times in the past two days to learn more about you and how you are growing. We found out some more information about you today, but in October we will have more answers. Your doctors are very sound and know what they are talking about. They are going to do an MRI to check you out even more on October 15. I first saw Dr. Perry and then he referred me to Dr. Bofill at UMMC. He took a good look at your brain and noticed that he could not find some parts that should be there. He said you may have a disgenesis of your corpus callosum which could signify that the part of your brain that sends signals from the left to right is missing. We will know more in October when they do the MRI though. He also measured the fluid in your brain and said that it was measuring at 11. He said it should never be over 10 but that as long as it did not get up to 15, we should not be too concerned. This is normal in babies with spina bifida. It just means that you will need to get a shunt put in your brain to drain any excess fluid that collects there. He also measured the opening of your spine and where the neural elements and tissue bulge out. He said it is about 6 vertebrae long and is very low on your back about equal to where your hip bones are. The lower, the better, he says!

I write all this so that I can remember what all went on these past two days and to let you know that you are being taken care of. However, I want to remind you and myself that our hope is not in the hands of these physicians, however skilled and intelligent they may be! Here is mommy's journal entry from September 2, 2015 (God has seriously been speaking to me things prior to when I need them and then bringing them up for me to read days/weeks later. He is so good!):

_____________________________________

2 Chronicles 16:7b-9,12 
"At that time Hanani the seer came to Asa king of Judah and said to him, 'Because you relied on the King of Aram and not on the Lord your God, the army of the King of Aram has escaped from your hand. Were not the Cushites and Libyans a mighty army with great numbers of chariots and horsemen? Yet when you relied on the Lord, He delivered them into your hand. For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him. You have done a foolish thing, and from now on you will be at war.' In the thirty-ninth year of his reign Asa was diseased in his feet, and his disease became severe. Yet even in his disease he did not seek the Lord, but sought help from physicians."

Lord, in illness, in peace, in times of hardship, in times of plenty:

MAY I ALWAYS BE FULLY COMMITTED TO YOU. Completely relying on You!

I pray that where this baby in my womb is concerned that I would seek YOUR help and my reliance would not be on physicians. I believe physicians have a place and I praise You for them, but help me not to put them on the pedestal where only You belong. 

Thank You for what You have done for me, God. I know the strength of my enemies and any illness is weakness in light of You being on my side.

_______________________________________

So there you have it, sweet baby. You are in exactly the spot that God created you to be, and as I said in my previous letter, I am HONORED to be your mom! I read today in a news article from the beginning of this year that 68% of babies with spina bifida are aborted my their moms. I feel SO privileged that God has given you to me. You are a special gift with a special calling, and I cannot wait to see you fulfill it!

Honored and humbled beyond measure,

Your Mom


Here are some pictures from today:

21 weeks pregnant!

 

Our first stop was Dr. Perry's office:


 Then daddy got a little sleepy waiting in Dr. Bofill's office:



Here you are, my little  mover and shaker!


1 comment:

  1. God bless you Amber! It is truly God's own heart to welcome the children He gives, and so many people are appreciating your testimony!

    I found such peace in trusting the goodness of God when I found out my little one had T21. We chose to rejoice in His goodness each step of the way, and this made all the difference. He makes no mistakes. David is two years old now, and the light of our lives. He gives to us, rather than us giving to him, as so many people would think. It was horrifying to realize that 93% of moms who receive a prenatal diagnosis of T21 choose to abort their babies. This makes me feel more protective and grateful for our David than ever, as if we're holding a precious seed of what God would give families, and the community, that has been thrown away.

    May God continue to bless and keep you and your family and your precious little one as you rest and rejoice in Him! <3

    ReplyDelete