Saturday, September 19, 2015

Never Tell a Secret to a Three Year Old!

Okay, so Keith and I had already decided this pregnancy that we would not find out the sex of the baby. Keith never wanted to find out with any of ours, but I was persistent, and then we came to a compromise. I told him once we had a boy and a girl that we would not find out what the next baby would be. Well, when we found out that this baby had spina bifida, that changed for me. I felt like it would be really helpful for me to go ahead and find out since we would be having so many ultrasounds and so I could better pray for him/her. Keith still wanted to be left in the dark so I found out and he did not. Fast forward to yesterday afternoon. For some brilliant reason, I spilled the beans to our three year old, Elijah. At dinner last night when I was telling Keith that Elijah had prayed for his baby brother/sister and the hole in his/her back, Elijah promptly and very confidently said, "No. Baby _________ (insert sex of the baby)!!!" Keith got a smirk on his face and then admitted that he knew. Apparently he had seen some certain reproductive organs when Dr. Bofill was examining the baby on Thursday. Moral of the story: Never look at the ultrasound and NEVER tell your three year old if you want to keep the sex of your baby a surprise!

If you don't want to be surprised come January, just take a look at this video: BOY or GIRL?





1 comment:

  1. Awww....I love the video. What a precious blessing you and your children are to me!

    ReplyDelete