Monday, July 14, 2014

Half Marathon Training Update

My official training "schedule" doesn't start until the 20th but I have gotten a good head start on my running lately. My goal for the first half marathon I ran in 2012 was to simply finish it. My goal for my second is to not walk any of it. This goal seems really unattainable at this point but I know where the true battle lies: in my mind. When I begin training my body, whether it be through exercise or self control in other areas of life, I truly see that is where the battleground is in both my physical and spiritual life. For this reason, I love the following verses about RENEWING our mind. There is something so refreshing and invigorating about that word: RENEW! Here are some of the verses:

Romans 12:2 - Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the RENEWAL of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Ephesians 4:22-24 - To put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be RENEWED in the spirit of your minds, and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.

Philippians 4:4-9 - Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will GUARD your hearts and YOUR MINDS in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, THINK about these things.

Isaiah 26:3 - You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is STAYED ON YOU, because he trusts in you.

We must fight to keep our minds guarded and stayed on Him!

Last week I ran 2 miles without stopping. I forgot to post this picture when I did:



This morning I ran 3 miles without stopping! Woohoo! Almost 1/4th of the way there!




No comments:

Post a Comment