Friday, August 29, 2014

Howdy again.

I don't know how bloggers do it. I just went over two weeks without posting. Fail.

Anyways, not much new has been going on in my neck of the woods. I am on my sixth week of my half marathon training. Keith and I started a little competition so that he would start running and it is working! Mwhahaha! My plan worked!

Speaking of Keith, we have been praying recently about him doing ministry full-time. This would include things like going up to the abortion mill, preaching on the street, and discipling people each week. Tuesdays right now are dedicated to doing these things and the joy that radiates from him when he comes home Tuesday night is astounding! I see so much fulfillment in his life when he is out doing God's work, and I want him to be able to do it everyday. Finances are always something you have to think about on earth though, but thankfully we have met many people through the Operation Save America event who, in light of the call of God, quit their jobs and are totally dependent on Him as their provider. It's encouraging to meet people like that and know that it can be done. We are still in the praying stage, but I read this verse this morning in my daily Bible reading and it encouraged me some more:

1 Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

It's a great reminder of our purpose on earth! I don't want to labor in vain!

No comments:

Post a Comment