Saturday, August 9, 2014

Train Up A Child...

Last week when I went to Texas with the babies we went on a trip to the Texas State Railroad to ride the train. Elijah and Isaiah were super excited!

My mom and dad made shirts for us all that said "Train up a child.. Proverbs 22:6 with a picture of a train. (Yes, we are that family that wears matching t-shirts when we go to fun events.. don't judge!) ;)

Here are some pictures from the outing:














For some reason this train ride really wore us all out!



Ever since Keith and I got involved in ministry at the abortion clinic, we have had the opportunity to meet so many amazing people and families. I cannot even begin to describe what an impact some of them have made on my life in the short time that we have known them. Some of them may read my blog and some of them may not, but I'm going to give a few of them a shout-out anyway:

- Ashley Sigrest & Family.

Ok, this girl RULES. Ever since I watched her testimony online and met her for the first time when she spoke at the Capitol on the National Day of Prayer, her and her family have had my heart. While she was speaking at the Capitol I walked around the room trying to keep my babies quiet and happened to stumble on a room that had four precious children playing in it. I let Abigail and Elijah play and watching her children and mine was such a delight. Seeing the way her  kiddos respect authority and love each other is such an inspiration to me. It makes me so excited to see what God has in store for my own family. She loves the Lord with all her heart and that is so evident even if I had never talked with her one on one. Our conversations are always founded on the Rock and she is an amazing woman of God and mother of little arrows!

- Coleman and Robin Boyd.

Keith and I met Coleman and Robin up at the abortion mill. They would come out every Wednesday morning with their eight kids (just had their ninth!) A few weeks ago they invited us over to their home for dinner. This was the first time I had ever been able to see in person how a family with more than three kids functions and let me tell you, it was an eye-opening experience! Their kids are the most respectful, well-behaved children I have ever encountered. It was also the first time I had ever seen a family sit down in the living room as their nightly routine and read the Word and worship together. It was so sweet to see the children interact in that setting. I am pretty sure their oldest (no older than 12) knows more of the Bible than I do!

- Ryan and Lydia Sullivan

We did not meet this couple from the abortion mill but rather through a mutual friend that was coming to Monday Night Bible Study. Ryan is one of the pastors of Grace Community Church in Jackson. Keith went with his friend one Sunday when I was out of town and Ryan has taken him by the arm and is discipling the mess out of him! It is so amazing! They invited us over to their house this past week and again, another eye-opening experience on how a family rooted in God's Word works! They have three beautiful children with one on the way, and they too have a time of family worship and reading of the Word after dinner. Those children are HUNGRY for God's Word! Abigail was getting fussy so Ryan cut the Bible story short and their three year old said, "But we just started!"

It is such a breath of fresh air to see each of these families operate, but also very humbling too! Getting to know these families has pushed me further in my personal walk with God and encouraged me to truly be a Proverbs 22:6 Mom. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment