Friday, August 1, 2014

Relinquish Control.

Psalms 25:1 - O Lord, I give my life to you.

Allow me to repeat and let those words sink in...

O Lord, I give my life to you.

I can assure you that the majority of temptation to sin that we face in this life and usually succumb to stems from one word: control.

We want to be in control. Plain and simple. We want to feel powerful and have authority over our bodies and our lives by any means we see fit.

This aptly applies to a number of sin struggles:

That itching desire to gossip - so that you will feel important and rule the conversation
That nagging thought - because you know better than your husband and you should be the authority figure of the family
.... The list could go on and on and includes:

My ability to have an abortion on demand and without apology.
Nothing sings louder to the note of being in control than this over-used slogan: "My Body, My Choice."

You may have read the recent article in Enquire magazine on the abortionist who works at the last abortion mill in Mississippi. His name is Willie Parker and he claims to perform abortions because he is a Christian. This article is blasphemous to its core and swoons the heart of the reader to believe that women getting abortions is not immoral. So many emotions flooded my heart and mind while reading this article. Feelings of anger, sadness, and helplessness overflowed with every word I read. Being in the midst of this battle since January, I came to the realization pretty early the grave evil this sin is, but after reading this article I realized the true depth to which we have fallen as a nation. Not only do we support baby murder, but we now claim that it's the "Christian" thing to do.

Going back to Psalms 25:1... What would happen if every woman and every abortionist prayed this prayer every morning? O LORD, TODAY I GIVE MY LIFE TO YOU.

There is something so simple in surrendering, yet satan makes it one of the most impossible tasks humans can ever successfully accomplish on a daily basis. WHY? It's because satan knows that is where true power comes from... when we relinquish our weak, human control/power that we are grasping onto with all our might.

O Lord, I give my life to you. Save us from the depths we have fallen as we try to control our own lives instead of surrendering to Your will. Help me lead by example and pray this prayer every morning. Please end abortion in Mississippi and ultimately the world as women and physicians give their lives to you. I truly realize it is only by Your power and might that this can be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment